In many countries today, cigarette packs carry health warnings, and in some countries, they even have ugly pictures of the harmful effects of smoking.
This is now common in many countries worldwide.
The idea is that, if you package cigarettes in pretty sexy boxes, the consumer is not aware of the actual damage that they will cause their health.
However, if you make the package visually indicate the damage, then the consumer knows what they are participating in.
They can still buy the cigarettes, no one is stopping them. But now they know the actual cause-and-effect chain they are buying into.
That’s the idea.
Now, these images below show just a tiny fraction of what plastics, fossil fuels and certain other products are doing to our environment:
We are killing the Earth.
And to that effect, we are killing ourselves.
This is worse than cigarettes.
Yet, the packaging that is used for these very detrimental products, such as plastics and fossil fuel based products, looks so sexy!
It looks cool!
And so when we buy this stuff, we feel cool!
Yet the reality is that, the packaging itself – which is often plastic – and sometimes the product as well, may very well be causing an environmental disaster.
Have a look at this infographic:
So, how about facing the truth?
Just like with cigarettes?
Imagine if we can make our governments create laws that forces the following products to have ugly environmental degradation images on the product packaging itself:
- Products that come from factories and processes that have unclean carbon emissions.
- Products that use palm oil. Palm oil may arguably be good for health, but the problem is that the way we are producing it now requires vast forests to be destroyed, literally areas the size of countries, and is a leading cause for loss of forests worldwide and CO2 emissions. For example, Indonesia – the world’s largest producer of palm oil – temporarily surpassed the United States in terms of greenhouse gas emissions in 2015, simply from the amount of forests burned for palm oil. Yet, we can fix this. Palm oil can be grown without destroying tropical forests or our climate – but we the consumers have to insist on a change in process.
- Beef production is the leading cause of methane pollution in the world. Beef production is also, incidentally, a leading cause of deforestation worldwide.
- All plastics. Billions of tons of plastics end up in our oceans annually. And more in landfills. The amount of environmental damage that plastics cause is reaching catastrophic levels.
- Fossil fuels and fossil fuel products.
- Any chemicals that are harmful to the environment.
All these products would have images like these on the packaging:
So, we can still buy these environmentally-damaging products and packaging…
But as we buy them, we also get to see the damage our demand is creating, and we get to choose to feel responsible, even as we buy them, for the damage we are contributing.
Right now, people don’t feel this sense of responsibility – they don’t know how much of a large role they play in the environment game.
Seeing this on each product they buy will make them conscious.
And consciousness will make us invest our personal time and awareness to solving the problem.
Secondly, it will make the manufacturers choose different materials and processes that do not pollute, and in return, their packaging will not have ugly images.
So as a manufacturer, if you don’t pollute in your manufacturing process, or with your packaging and products, you don’t get ugly images on your packaging.
After a while, our supermarkets will end up with shelves holding products with ugly images, and those without.
The ones without ugly images will sell more, naturally.
And this will force the industry, via this financial incentive of sales, to be environmentally friendly.
The multi-national lobby groups may fight this – but we can do it if we persist and move swiftly and globally, all over the world, as consumers, to make our governments enforce these packaging laws. And we, in turn, purchase only from the ones that comply.
It’s your planet.
You belong here. You are not a 2nd class serf. You are a Sovereign Being, in alliance with All of Earth. If you don’t like something, change it, Sovereign Beings. You are more powerful than you think you are.
Usher in the Golden Age, by following the Golden Rule: Do unto others what you would like done unto you. Love your neighbor, and love yourself.
Love always, yet stand up for Love.
Live, and let live. Meaning, do no harm, but take no crap.
Innovate your heart away.
Go for the establishment of a clean, abundant, compassionate Paradise on Earth for all humankind, for all life on Earth, a New Earth.
You are a Creator Being, a Sovereign Being. The time has come!
Who will stop the madness, if not you, World Citizen? And if not now, when?
What we need now is a Revolution of Consciousness.
This blog post was extracted from the free book Revelation + Freedom: Personal & Planetary Solutions For The Awakening Citizens Of A New Earth. It is 100% Free. To get your own 100% free copy on PDF, Kindle, iBook, online or ePub format, click here now.